Adekunle Ajasin University is among one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria any student can attend. The university is known to have graduated so many alumni over the years and since then the school has maintained its standards. Today a lot of Nigerians are now applying for admission to various courses.
In this article, we’re going to cover everything you need to know about Adekunle Ajasin University. We’ll extensively talk about Adekunle Ajasin University Admission, Adekunle Ajasin University cutoff mark, Adekunle Ajasin University school fees, Adekunle Ajasin University courses, and many more.
Before I go further, I want you to know that the article is going to be a lengthy one as I’ll be covering what every student and aspiring student should know about Adekunle Ajasin University.
Without us wasting much time, let us dive into today’s topic of discussion.
Adekunle Ajasin University (History Of AAUA)
Adekunle Ajasin University is a Nigerian university that is previously known as the Obafemi Awolowo University. In march 1982, the federal government of the old Ondo state later changed the name from Adekunle Ajasin University to Obafemi Awolowo University.
The university was headed by the late chief Micheal Adekunle Ajasin before he passed away.
At the time of the military system, the military government of Navy Commodore Michael bami dele Otiko later changed the name of the university to what is known as the Ondo State University.
At that time, the university was later transferred to the new Ondo State. As of 1999, the university became imperative due to the creation of a new state from the old Ondo three years earlier which was around 1996.
At the time of the relocation of the university, the then governor in the person of Chief Adebayo Adefarat, signed the law which made it possible around 1999. This action lead to the relocation of crop workers from the old site in Ado-Ekiti to Akungba Akoko on 1 December 1999.
After some years, there was a new suggestion to immortalize the name of the late Governor Ajasin using the university. A new bill was later passed to enable that to happen.
With several motions, the change of name was let signed into law by Governor Adefarati in 2004 following the demise of the former.
With all that said, as of 2007, there was a need for amendment and substitution, this was later signed into law by another governor, in the person of Governor Olusegun Agagu.
In these circumstances, it can rightly be said that while the history of AAUA started in 1982, its relocation on 5 November 1999 marked the beginning of the second phase of its history now in its present location, Akungba Akoko.
What Is Adekunle Ajasin University Cut-off Mark 2022/2023?
The Adekunle Ajasin University has announced its cut-off mark for the 2022/2023 academic calendar year. Each and every department of the university has its required cut-off mark you must attain in other to get admission into the university.
Before you apply for admission into the AAUA, you must provide evidence of your O’level result and you must ensure that the result is good enough to get an admission. When I say good enough, I mean it must meet all required subjects including maths and English which is mandatory in many departments of the university.
As of the time of writing this post, the cut-off mark for Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA) is 160.
If you meet the 160 cut-off mark, you can prepare yourself for post-UTME if you apply to AAUA as your first choice university.
What is the departmental cut-off mark for Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)?
At AAUA, the general cut-off mark to getting admission is 160. However, some departments require high cut-off marks you must meet as a student that sat for Jamb to get admission into the prestigious AAUA.
Please note that only candidates that put the AAUA university as their first choice are eligible to apply.
Below is the cut-off mark for all departments in the AAUA.
|S/NO||FACULTIES||DEPARTMENTS||RECOMMENDED CUT-OFF MARK|
|1.||AGRIC. SCIENCE||Animal Science|
History and International Studies
Relig. Mgt. & Cult. Stud.
Theatre & Media Arts
Med. Lab. Science
|4.||EDUCATION||Agric. Sci Education|
Curriculum & Instruction
Home Econs. Education
Guidance & Counselling
Lib. & Information Sc.
Hum. Kinetics & Health Education
Voc. & Tech. Education
|5.||ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY||Civil Engineering|
Industrial & Production Engineering
Fine & Applied Arts
Geography & Envi. Mgt
Human Nut. & Dietetics
Banking & Finance
|10.||PHYSICAL SCIENCES||Computer Science|
Adekunle Ajasin University admission requirement
AAUA admission requirements through UTME 2022/2023
- Five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Yoruba, and any Two from Arts or the Social Science subjects.
- A minimum jamb score of 160 to 180
- Candidate must be 16 years and above to get admitted into AAUA
- Candidates must choose AAUA as the first choice when registering for jamb or Direct Entry.
- Candidate must select the right course during registration
Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA) admission requirements through Direct Entry
- Minimum of 5 credits in Waec or Neco. This must include mathematics and the English language with not more than two sittings.
- As a candidate, you must be above 16 years to get admission
- You’re expected to get the JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- You must possess any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
AAUA Predegree Admission Application/Tuition Fee Payment
- Create an account
- Make payment. The procedure to make payment is as follows:
- Goto Payment Method
- Click on Make Payment
- Select your desired program
- Click on PAY ONLINE (Payment is via Card on UNIFIED PAY Platform)
Adekunle Ajasin University school fees 2022/2023 Academic Session
Adekunle Ajasin University Course and Fees 2022/2023 Academic session
|The new student ( Faculty Of Art)||N100, 000 per session or N50, 000 per semester.|
|New Student (Faculties of Agriculture, Law, Science, and Social and Management Sciences )||N150, 000 per session or N75, 000 per semester.|
|Returning students (Faculties of Arts and Education)||N80, 000 per session or N40, 000 per semester|
|Returning students (Faculties of Agriculture, Law, Science, and Social and Management Sciences)||N100, 000 per session or N50, 000 per semester.|
|All final-year students pay a uniform fee||N70, 000 per session or N35, 000 per semester.|
Adekunle Ajasin University Courses
- Library and information science
- Library and information studies
- Linguistics /Yoruba
- Mass communication
- Mass communication
- Performing arts
- Philosophy and religious studies
- Physics with electronics
- Plant science and biotechnology
- Political science
- Public administration
- Public and private international law
- Religions and African culture
- Religious studies
- Surveying and geo-informatics
- Surveying and geoinformatics
- Teacher education science:
- Technical education:
- Transport planning and management
- Urban and regional planning
- Urban and regional planning:
- Adult education:
- Banking and Finance
- Business administration
- Computer education
- Computer science
- Criminology and security studies
- Early childhood education
- Education Accounting
- Education and biology
- Education and chemistry:
- Education and economics
- Education and English language
- Education and geography
- Education and history:
- Education and integrated science:
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and physics
- Education and political science
- Education and religious studies
- Education and social studies
- Education and Yoruba
- Educational management
- English studies
- Environmental biology and fisheries
- Estate management
- Fisheries and aquaculture:
- Forestry and wildlife management:
- Geography and planning
- Guidance and counseling
- Health education
- History and international studies
- Human kinetics
- Industrial and labor relations
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial mathematics:
Adekunle Ajasin University portal
Where is Adekunle Ajasin University?
Adekunle Ajasin University admission list 2022/2023
Check AAUA Admission Via the School Portal
- To check the admission list visit https://eportal.aaua.edu.ng/frontend/welcome/ugadmissions
- Navigate and click on ” Admission Status”
- You’ll be asked to enter your Jamb Number, enter your “Jamb Registration Number”
- Click on the ‘Check Admission Status’ Button
- You will see a response if you’ve been admitted or not.
- You can download the AAUA admission list pdf for the 2022/2023 academic session via the AAUA portal.
Check AAUA Admission Via Jamb Portal
- Click on https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/
- Enter your Email address and password in the required field to log in.
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status’.
- Click on ‘Access my CAPS’.
- Select your Exam year and enter your JAMB Registration Number.
- Click on the ‘Check Status’ Button to see AAUA Admission List